Wednesday, July 30, 2014

29 Fictional Books that Bring Back Memories

    

Hey Everyone! It's Elinor! Today I'd like to share with you a few books that have kind of become a part of who I am. Books that, when I pick up, bring back vivid memories. Not only of the tales written on its pages, but of my Daddy's voice reading Narnia, or of my Mom teaching me about China while reading The Story About Ping, or my sister and I going into giggling fits reading There You'll Find Me. Sometimes the memories are of a car trip, or a cool breeze at the park; but whatever the memory, it's connected to the book, and my imagination, and once it's in my imagination, it became part of my being.

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
The Story About Ping, by Majorie Flack and Kurt Wiese
There You'll Find Me, by Jennie B. Jones
Nancy Drew- The Hidden Staircase, by Carolyn Keene
Cinderellis and the Glass Hill by Gail Carson Levine
Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke
The Emily Winsnap Series, by Liz Kessler
Amelia Bedelia, by Peggy Parish
Madeline, by Ludwig Bemelmans
The Felicity Series, by Valerie Tripp
The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
Farmer Boy, by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Glamorous Illusions, by Lisa T. Bergren
The Healer's Apprentice, by Melanie Dickerson
The Fairest Beauty, by Melanie Dickerson
The Molly Series, by Valerie Tripp
The Lost Island of Tamarind, by Nadia Aguiar
Isle of Swords, by Wayne Thomas Batson
Isle of Fire, by Wayne Thomas Batson
My Mother's Pearls, by Catherine Myler Fruisen
The Grouchy Ladybug, by Eric Carle
Where The Sidewalk Ends, by Shel Silverstein
The Junie B. Jones Series, by Barbara Park
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, by Virginia Lee Burton
Prince Caspian, by C.S. Lewis
Tales of Pixie Hollow Series, by Various Authors
Fairest, by Gail Carson Levine
Mr. Popper's Penguins, by Richard and Florence Atwater
The Magic Tree House Series, by Mary Pope Osborne

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment