Saturday, November 23, 2013

Book Review: The Lady of Bolton Hill




Review by Marianne 
Title: The Lady of Bolton Hill
Author: Elizabeth Camden
Rating: 4.5/5
Age Recommendation: 12+

Plot: The last time Clara Endicott and Daniel Tremain were together Daniel was a young man with no fortune whatsoever, his father had just died and he had to be the one to provide for his mother and three sisters. Clara was a wealthy young woman who had high ambitions to become a great writer. Because of her father's wishes, she moved from Baltimore to London to live with her aunt. Twelve years later Clara returns to Baltimore and finds Daniel a powerful and wealthy industrialist. Their old friendship comes to life and quickly develops into a romance, but when Daniel's workers believe they aren't receiving proper wages, arguments and riots threaten to separate them forever.
I ADORED this book. It was amazing! The storyline was so interesting and I couldn't but it down! There was never a dull moment in this book and I enjoyed every moment!
Characters: Is it possible to fall in love with every character in a book? I think it is. That was how I felt about this book. Every character was absolutely perfect in personality and development.
Emotion: This book was a little more on the suspense side than what I normally read (especially in the end) but I loved the excitement! I will definitely read this again and recommend it to many. 
My Thoughts: I have read one other book by Elizabeth Camden called "Into the Whirlwind" and really enjoyed it. (You can read my review for "Into the Whirlwind" HERE!) This book was great and I wouldn't change a thing about it! I can't wait to read Elizabeth Camden's book "Against the Tide" which follows the story of one of the characters that I got to read a bit about in this one. The reason I recommended ages 12+ is because there are several mentions of Opium, and a brief mentioning of a prostitute (no descriptions, I promise!) As I said before, I couldn't put it down and I will recommend it to many, many readers.
Favorite Quote:
"It is doing the hard things that make a man great."


No comments:

Post a Comment