Saturday, November 9, 2013

Book Review: Found in Translation

 
Review by Elinor
Title: Found in Translation
Author: Roger Bruner with Kristi Rae Bruner
Rating: 4/5
 
Plot: Kim Hartlinger has it all pretty easy. She comes from a privileged family that spoils her, and she's pretty self centered. That all changes when she volunteers for a mission trip to Santa Maria, Mexico. She quickly learns just how hard life can be for lots of people in the world, but also what she can do to help them. Could this trip be God showing her what He is calling her to do with her life?
 
This book was so sweet!!! I loved the plot, it was everything I wanted it to be! I felt it was something totally new and unlike anything I'd ever read before. If I had to describe it in one word it would be this: Touching
 
Characters: The characters in this book were so easy to fall in love with! I think my favorite character was Anjelta, a little girl in the village that Kim goes to. Even though she and Kim can't truly communicate, they become inseparable. One character that I really want to learn more about in the next book is Geoff, a troubled young man that Kim tries to reach. The funniest character was totally Aleesha, who becomes Kim's best friend. She made me laugh out loud sometimes!
 
Emotion: The emotion wasn't particularly strong until the end (which had me in tears!), most likely because the first half of the book is just Kim getting frustrated over nearly everything. But the first half of the book was rather funny, so it made up for the lack of real emotion.
 
My Thoughts: Like I said before, this book was very sweet and touching. I just loved the ending and can't wait to read the next book in this series! The only reason I would give it 4/5 instead of 5/5 is that it was kind of boring to begin with. I felt like it was slow to really get into something interesting, and for a while I wondered if the whole book was going to be about her making mistakes and getting frustrated. I'm really glad I stuck with it though, and I would recommend it to almost anyone!
 
Favorite Quote:
"Senorita Kim, te amo!" She repeated it many times.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment