Saturday, November 16, 2013

Book Review: Glittering Promises



Title: Glittering Promises : Book 3 in the Grand Tour Series
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Elinor's Rating: 4/5
Marianne's Rating: 2/5
Age Recommendation 12+

Plot: Cora Diehl Kensington is torn. Between two men. Between responsibilities her father expects of her, and what she feels God is calling her to. And as their Grand Tour of Europe comes to an end, things only get more complicated. Will God ever make a way for her to be with the man she loves? And will they ever escape the men who seem to always be chasing them?

This book is the third and final book of the Grand Tour Series. Personally, it wasn't our favorite of the series, but still definitely worth reading.
Characters: Since this is the third book in the series, there wasn't much character development. But we loved all of the characters and think that we could understand each ones personal feelings.
Emotion: We love how Miss Bergren expresses the character's emotions in her books. We thought that this book was well-written as well as very exciting.
Elinor's Thoughts: I totally loved this book! It was so exciting to finally see how Cora's story ended! While I do think that it was romantic and exciting, I felt that the first two were a little more so. The first book in this series (Glamorous Illusions) will be a favorite forever! There are a few things that I didn't really like (such as an argument that Cora and Will have, when I read it, I felt it was unnecessary. My first thought was "Seriously?" ) but nothing that really made me dislike the book.
Favorite Quote:
"Never doubt that you are the only woman for me. You were given to me by God Himself. I have eyes for no other. I promise you."

Marianne's Thoughts: This was an entertaining book. I enjoyed it but there were several things that disappointed me. In the previous books there was a character that I absolutely loved. In this book though, the author changed him. She made him turn to the 'Dark Side of the Force', so to speak. And that was... very upsetting to say least. Even my family was able to see how upset it made me. I just felt that the author had the talent and the potential to keep it exiting without completely changing the characters. Also, Cora and Will had an argument that I didn't feel had to take place. To me it seemed like what they were arguing over wasn't a very big deal, certainly not one to get so angry about. While this book was pretty enjoyable, and worth reading, unfortunately, I know I won't read it again. That is why I rated it 2/5.

Favorite Quote:
"My whole future is suddenly so different than I imagined."



No comments:

Post a Comment