Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Review: Into the Whirlwind




Review by Marianne
 Title: Into the Whirlwind
Author: Elizabeth Camden
Rating: 5/5
Age Recommendation: 12+

Plot: Mollie Knox's life seems perfect. She is the owner of the 57th Illinois watch company in Chicago and is supplying watches to Hartman's department store. She has the best employees one could wish for and a respectable bank account. What more could she ask for? But when the Great Chicago fire occurs, leaving her not only without a job, but also a home, she struggles to rebuild.
Zack Kazmarek is an outstanding lawyer for Hartman's department store. He is fearless and daring, and used to getting whatever he wishes for. Then he meets Mollie Knox, an incredible businesswoman who completely changes his world and he finds himself captivated. But when a hero from her past steps into the picture, Zack discovers he has some competition for Mollie's affections.

This book was wonderful! I was entertained through the entire thing. The plot was very exiting and the author did a good job keeping it interesting. I will definitely want to read this one again soon! The one thing that I would've changed a bit was the romance. Although this was a romance story, the characters weren't very romantic and only said a few romantic things to one another. This of course isn't a big disappointment, it is just an observation and opinion.

Characters: The characters in this book were great! I found it very easy to relate to Mollie even though she wasn't very much like me. Zack was a rather stubborn man, but he made me laugh most of all. And the mysterious hero from her past was very polite and kind-hearted.

Emotion: Sometimes the beginning of a book is a bit boring, and it takes me a while to get entirely interested. This book was not one of those. I loved every minute of it and I can not wait to read more of Elizabeth Camden's books in the future.

My thoughts: Overall this was an amazing story. The author was very eloquent in how she described each and every scene and I never wanted to stop reading it. Before reading this book I didn't know too much about the Great Chicago fire. I learned a lot from this novel and I can tell the author did her research when writing it.

Favorite Quote:
"I never said it (the fire) was a jolly time, Mollie. But sometimes it is the hardest things that make us great."
(words in parentheses are mine) 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment