Thursday, March 6, 2014

Quick Encouragement #18

By Marianne

MercyMe - I Can Only Imagine

This song is SO beautiful!

   What will you do when you finally meet your Savior?
I have no idea. There will be so much I want to tell Him. But I know that He'll already know everything in my mind, everything that has ever been in my mind. I'll probably be so humbled to be in His presence, that I won't be able to say anything to Him. I have no idea what I'll say, and I can't really imagine how I'll feel. But I know that it will be beautiful. 

   I know that I do not and never will deserve to be in his presence. To be able to see his face.. I'm nearly bursting into tears just thinking about it! I am a sinner. I am a sinner. I have done and thought some horrible things in my lifetime, and I'm only 12. By the time my life is over, my wrongdoings will have multiplied to an uncountable number. My wrongdoings are already uncountable. But you know what? Jesus has taken care of that. 

   My dad and I had a conversation the other night while he was cooking dinner. He asked me what I thought the term "Amazing Grace" meant. I replied with " I'm not quite sure." So my awesome daddy took the time to explain it all to me. And let me tell you, it was one of the best conversations of my life. I will never forget what was said. He told me that "grace" is actually a term used in court. That "grace" is pretty much the same as a "pardon." He told me that one day, we are going to be in the biggest most important court of all. And do you know who the judge is going to be? Jesus Christ. But do you know who else is going to be there? Satan. And Satan is the one who will be telling Jesus all of the things I have done wrong. He will point out every single wrongdoing I have ever committed. He will accuse me and tell Jesus "She does NOT deserve to live in the Kingdom of Heaven!" and I will feel awful. Because I'll know that I don't deserve to live in Heaven. But Jesus, in all his awesomeness, power, and beauty, will look at me with love, and say "Innocent." The tears are pricking my eyes as I type this post. "Innocent." He will declare me to be innocent! He will look at all of my faults and failures and say that I am innocent! He will do the same for you! All you have to do his accept that you are a sinner and tell Him that you are sorry! Ask Him to come and live in your heart and He will! Isn't that the most beautiful thing? After Daddy told me this I told him that the word amazing doesn't even seem good enough. Y'know what I mean? Amazing doesn't seem good enough. But it is the best word we have to describe it here on earth.

   This post got a lot longer than I thought it would when I sat down at the computer. Once I started I couldn't stop. I really hope and pray that this post reaches someone who needs to hear it. I pray that it uplifts and encourages you as it did me. This post brings me to another song. Yay! A double Quick Encouragement! I guess it's a Long Encouragement now!

Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace




No comments:

Post a Comment