Sunday, March 2, 2014

Book Friends #3


Marianne's Choice:
Emma Smallwood from The Tutor's Daughter
By Julie Klassen




   I would have loved to be friends with Miss Smallwood because she and I are so much alike! We are both sweet young women, but we are very... practical. Neither of us spend much time on our appearance (like doing hair and make-up) and we both love to have things under control. There are times, however, when things are completely out of my control and I must learn to put my faith in God and trust that He will take care of everything. Miss Smallwood faces these same challenges.

   I know that I would have LOVED being friends with Emma! She is the kind of person that would always be there for you!  I loved reading about Emma's struggles and victories. I laughed and cried for her, and just enjoyed getting to know her! If you have not yet read her story, you really MUST do so. It is certainly an incredible one that is so worth reading! You can get more details on it by reading my review for The Tutor's Daughter HERE!

Elinor's Choice:
Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief
By Markus Zusak



   Rudy. Where do I even begin? Well, I will start out by saying that I think that he is my favorite book character of all time (and that is saying a lot). Have you ever begun to miss a character after you've finished reading their story? It happens to me all the time! But you know what? I don't think I've ever missed a character as much as I missed Rudy. I grew so close to him when reading The Book Thief, that I felt like he really was my friend. He is just one of those characters that I will never forget.

   Rudy is the friend that you just can't get rid of, no matter how hard you try. He's the friend that you can't remember when exactly you stopped being annoyed by him, and started loving him. He's the friend that can make you laugh more than anyone else, and who always has your back. He is by far, your best friend. 

  Before I met Rudy, I don't think I had ever "fallen in love" with a book character before... he changed that.

  You can read my review for The Book Thief here.


No comments:

Post a Comment