Friday, March 28, 2014

Painting by Marianne #4

   Hello! I have recently finished a new painting! This one is of a horse, and while I don't feel that I captured the movement perfectly, I would probably say that this is one of my favorites I have shared with you so far!

Step 1: I sketched my subject and background paying very close attention to the textures of my horse's mane and tail.

Step 2: I added washes to the sky and ground. I also painted the mountains in the background and some clouds.

Step 3: I added another layer of paint onto the ground, except this time, it was a shade darker. Then, I painted the first layer of on my horse.

Step 4: I painted another layer on the horse and ground.

Step 5: I painted the very last layer of paint on the horse and my painting was DONE!

My favorite part of the painting - my horse's head!

Which of the paintings I have shared is your favorite?





No comments:

Post a Comment