Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Review: A Match Made In Texas


Title: A Match Made In Texas: A Novella Collection
Author(s): Karen Witemeyer, Regina Jennings, Carol Cox, and Mary Connealy
Rating: 4/5

Plot: In the small town of Dry Gulch, Texas, a good-hearted busybody just can't keep herself from surreptitiously trying to match up women in dire straits with men of good character she hopes can help them. How is she to know she's also giving each couple a little nudge toward love?
Copied from the back of A Match Made In Texas

Individual Plots: A Cowboy Unmatched - Neill isn't sure who hired him to repair Clara's roof-he only knows Clara desperately needs his help. Can he convince this stubborn widow to let down her guard and take another chance on love?
Copied from the back of A Match Made In Texas

An Unforeseen Match - Hoping to earn an honest wage on his way to the land rush, Clayton ends up on Grace's doorstep, lured by a classified ad. He may have signed on for more than he's expected though-and he may have found the one woman who can keep him from moving on.
Copied from the back of A Match Made In Texas

No Match for Love - Andrew can't fathom how refined Lucy ended up as the caretaker to his dotty aunt, and somehow her arrival has prompted even more bizarre occurrences around the ranch. When they join forces to unearth the truth, will the attraction between Andrew and Lucy develop into more?
Copied from the back of A Match Made In Texas

Meeting Her Match - When the tables are turned and a tenderhearted meddler becomes the beneficiary of a matchmaking scheme, her world is turned upside down. As her entire life changes, will she finally be able to tell the banker's son how much she cares for him?
Copied from the back of A Match Made In Texas

Characters: I felt that all of the characters in all of these novellas were perfectly written in an understandable way, which I imagine is a difficult hard task with such a story of about 10 chapters. It was very easy to relate to each and every person and I really enjoyed seeing all of their struggles and victories.

Emotion: All of the novellas were very humorous. They made me laugh out loud several times and really kept the book light-hearted. These were all great stories that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Quality: These books were very well written and enjoyable. The authors did a great job at getting the whole story across in about ten 10 chapters.

My Thoughts: Over-all I really enjoyed this book! I'd heard it was really good, and so when I saw it at the used book store a snagged it as soon as I could! However, there are a few things I would like to point out to let you know why I rated it 4/5 instead of 5/5.
1. I felt that in a few of these novellas, the romantic relationships developed way too quickly. In one of them the characters had known each other for less than a week and they were getting married, and in another they knew each other for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks... I thought that this was rather unrealistic and, truth be told, unwise. Not that the characters weren't perfect for each other or anything, I just felt that it was a little too hasty.
2. In the last novella the gossipy women of the town spread rumors of a false scandal. We later on find out that their intentions for doing so  were positive, I just felt like they could have done what they were trying to do in a different way.
3. In the 2nd novella there was a kissing scene that got a bit descriptive. Nothing over the top, but just enough to make me a little bit uncomfortable.
Aside from these three things I thought the book was perfect! I loved  how you got to see the characters from previous novellas. It was a great book that I would recommend to many!




No comments:

Post a Comment