Sunday, January 12, 2014

Book Review: Double Take


Title: Double Take
Author: Melody Carlson
Rating: 4/5
Age Recommendation: 12+

Plot: Madison Van Buren is spoiled, rich, and aggravated. Her mother wants her to spend spring break in Tuscany, with her grandmother. Her father wants her to visit him in Boston so that he can convince her to go to Harvard. Her best friend wants her to go to Palm Beach with her and her family. And her boyfriend was caught flirting with another girl.
Anna Fisher lives a simple Amish life, but sometimes she feels it is too simple. She longs for adventure and excitement. When she wakes, she doesn't want to just know that today is a pie baking day, she wants to know that anything could happen. She also wants to know what happened to Jacob Glick, an Amish boy that she loved who ran away to the big city. So, when the two girls meet - and discover that they look amazingly similar - they decide it would be fun to trade lives for a week.
I loved reading this book! I received it as a Christmas gift, and had it finished the next day. The story was about friendship and being thankful that God made you and your life the way he did. It was a great book and I would recommend it to anyone!
Characters: All of the characters were really cool, and their development was nice as well. My favorite characters were Anna, Madison, and Anna's Aunt Rachel. Like I said, they were all great!
Emotion: This book was very funny! Altogether, this was a sweet, humorous book that was very enjoyable! I did not want it to end.
My Thoughts: Overall, great book that I would highly recommend. However, one thing that made me a bit uncomfortable was how Madison's boyfriend was constantly trying to get her to come with him to his parent's vacant beach house for the spring. I know that doesn't seem too bad, I just had a bad feeling about his intentions. Other than that, I loved every part of this book! If you love sweet stories without much romance, this book is for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment