Saturday, September 28, 2013

Book Review: The Bridge

Hello! Today I have another book review to share with you!

 Review by Marianne

Title: The Bridge
Author: Karen Kingsbury
Rating: 4/5
Age Recommendation: 12+

Plot: Molly Allen left Tennessee five years ago, and the young man that she loved. She now lives in Portland, each day telling herself she should have said something, anything to him.
Ryan Kelly is back in Nashville after traveling on the road and touring with a country music duo. He remembers Molly's kind words about following his dreams, and has missed her every day for the past five years. But he still visits The Bridge when he can, remembering all the time that the two of them spent together in that old book store.
I really enjoyed this book! I had never read any of Karen Kingsbury's books before and I am now really looking forward to reading more. This was a very sweet, well written story that I would recommend to many readers. The author does a great job at writing a heartwarming book that you will definitely want to re-read.
Characters: The characters in this book were very well developed. After a few chapters you find yourself in love with each one. I just wanted to read more and more of this story, and it was hard to put down. Each character was very easy to understand and relate to.
Emotion: The emotion in this book was very sweet. There were some rather sad scenes, but there were many joyful and tender scenes as well. As I expressed before I had trouble putting it down.
My Thoughts: Overall this was a very good book! Very enjoyable. What I didn't like about it was the brief mention of drugs. And even though this was necessary in the story, it did make me kind of uncomfortable. Although I would recommend this book to many readers, I would recommend it to an older audience.
Favorite quote:
Her prayers had been heard... which meant God was exactly who the pastor had claimed he was. The God of second chances. 




No comments:

Post a Comment