Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book Review: There You'll Find Me

Hello! We're the Dashwood sisters, and we would like to introduce ourselves with a book review!


Title: There You'll Find Me
Author: Jenny B. Jones
Rating: 5/5
Age Recommendation: 12+

Plot: Finley Sinclair was coming to Ireland to heal from the loss of her brother. She is hoping to regain the creativity in songwriting that she lost when he died; and see the same beautiful places he did just a few years ago. It was simple. But her life soon becomes more complicated than ever when she meets Beckett Rush, the Hollywood heartthrob and party boy; and when she is assigned a project involving a dying woman in a nursing home. Things begin to spiral out of Finley's control, and she must learn to leave her problems in God's hands.

We absolutely loved this book! Definitely a new favorite! We expected it to be a sort of silly romance story, but it was much deeper than that. Yes, there was a sweet element of romance to the book, but there was also Finley's struggling relationship with God, and her learning that things don't always have to be in her control.

Characters: The characters in this book were amazing! We truly felt like we had come to know each of their personalities. The author did an amazing job at helping you to feel and understand the struggles they each faced (so much that we cried a couple of times).

Emotion: As we said before, the author did an outstanding job to putting emotion into the characters. There has rarely been a book we laughed at as much as we did this one! It was beautifully written, and we hope to read more of Jenny B. Jones' books in the future.

Elinor's Thoughts: I totally loved this book (and Beckett) and I could really understand Finley's need to be in control of things... this book helped me to understand how to let God handle everything. I simply didn't want this book to end! The only thing that I disliked about this book was the two uses of the word cr*p and a few uses of g*sh.
Favorite Quote:
"You can't walk on water holding all that weight," Sister Maria said. "It makes you sink right down, let it go my dear."

Marianne's Thoughts: When I got this book I wasn't totally exited about reading it, (my sister talked me into it) it didn't take a very long time for me to fall in love with the story and characters.  I really enjoyed every part of this book and I am now very glad that I decided to read it. It was funny, inspirational and heartfelt. Definitely a book that I will want to read again. The only thing that I didn't like about this book (like my sister) was the uses of those two words. Otherwise there really wasn't anything I disliked about it. A great book that I would recommend to anyone who likes sweet, Christian romances.



Thanks for reading!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment