Monday, October 26, 2015

Book Review: Love Everlasting


Review by Marianne
Title: Love Everlasting
Author: Tracie Peterson
Rating: 2/5

Note: I did not finish this book so I can only give my opinion on the part that I read.


Plot: Growing up in a Seattle bridal finishing school never prepared Abrianna Cunningham to become one of the brides, but now Wade Ackerman, who has always been the reliable boy next door, is indicating he wants to be more than friends. And even the people closest to Abrianna believe Wade is the man she should marry. So why is she having such a hard time choosing between Wade Ackerman and Priam Welby? 
         Watching Welby's relentless pursuit of Abrianna is making Wade's blood boil. Welby can offer her wealth and security, but what about character and integrity? Surely Abrianna can see past Welby's smooth tongue and fine clothes. Can't she? Caught between the devil and the boy next door, either choice she makes will change Abrianna's life forever.
(Copied from cover of Love Everlasting)

         Usually, I don't go for books in which the only focus is romance. I tend to gravitate towards an adventure novel with a side of romance, or vice versa, so when I picked this one, I knew I was taking a bit of a risk. But I had high hopes considering I have read books by this author before and enjoyed them. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. I read over half of the book, but it felt like the story just wasn't going anywhere. I was reading the same things over and over and the author was so repetitive that I just couldn't get interested. Nothing new ever happened. I was just reading about this young woman's pre-wedding jitters for hours. Also, the plot synopsis suggested that this was to be a sort of "love-triangle." However, one of the men involved, Abrianna had absolutely no interest in. She wasn't "torn between them." She knew which one she loved she just was too scared to marry him. 

Characters: Abrianna was very easy to relate and connect to for me considering how her personality was similar to mine, and I read well over 100 pages of her inner-struggles. However, aside from her, I just couldn't connect to any of the characters. There was very little development and I wasn't able to understand them or their feelings very well.  

Emotions: Sadly, the only thoughts going through my head as I was reading this book were, at first: "C'mon, surely this will pick up soon." And then: I'll give it a few more chapters..." And finally: "Last chance, if this doesn't get going, I'll just stop." As you can tell, it never picked up.

My Thoughts: Unfortunately, this book got to the point where it felt like a chore. It wasn't enjoyable, and I had to force myself to read it. There are a million other books on my reading list, and I felt like this one was a waste of my time. Again, I was very disappointed because I knew this author to be a good one, but she has written over 100 novels, so I guess they couldn't all be to my liking.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of  Love Everlasting for the purpose of this review. All views and opinions expressed above are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment