Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Book Review: A Noble Masquerade



Review by Marianne
Title: A Noble Masquerade
Author: Kristi Ann Hunter
Rating: 5/5

Plot: Lady Miranda Hawthorne acts every inch the lady, but inside she longs to be bold and carefree. Approaching spinsterhood in the eyes of society, she pours her innermost feelings out not in a diary but in letters to her brother's old school friend, the Duke of Marshington. Since she's never actually met the man, she has no intention of ever sending the letters and is mortified when when her brother's mysterious new valet, Marlow, mistakenly mails one of the letters to the unsuspecting duke. 
         
        Shockingly, this breach of etiquette results in a reply from the duke that soon leads to a lively correspondence. Insecurity about her previous lack of suitors soon becomes confusion as Miranda finds herself equally intrigued by Marlow, a man she has come to depend upon but whose behavior grows more suspicious by the day. As the secret goings-on at her family's estate come to light, one thing is certain: Miranda's heart is far from all that's at risk for the Hawthornes and those they love.
(Copied from the back of A Noble Masquerade)

Characters: I thought that the characters in this book were wonderfully developed. I truly felt that as every page passed I was getting to know each character better in some way. Obviously, with Miranda as the main character, she was the one I related to most, however she did remind of Elinor from time to time with her quiet temperament and lady-like manner that hid a wild and beautiful heart. Also, Marlow (the valet) was a really cool character to get to know. 

Emotions: Honestly, this book had me smiling/laughing like an idiot on more than one occasion. ;) It's been a while since I've had a book do that, so it was definitely a treat! I also loved the unpredictability of the story; I was caught by surprise over and over! It definitely kept me coming back for more!

My Thoughts: Altogether, this may very well have been my favorite of the books I've received from Bethany House Publishers. As I said before, the character development was incredible and the plot twists were superb! I would highly recommend this book and could find absolutely no faults in it! I can't wait to read more from Kristi Ann Hunter.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of  A Noble Masquerade for the purpose of this review. All views and opinions expressed above are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment