Monday, February 23, 2015

Book Review: Reached


Review by Elinor
Title: Reached
Author: Ally Condie 
Rating: 5/5
Age Recommendation: 12+

Plot: Now that the Rising has taken control of Society, the spreading Plague is swiftly being cured and freedom being restored to the Provinces. However, when an unexpected mutation if the Plague quickly spreads, the Pilot becomes desperate to save what he has fought so hard for, even to the point of pulling Ky, Xander, and Cassia into helping him find a cure.

This book was definitely the best one of the trilogy, and it really kept me turning pages. There were so many unexpected plot twists that made this book the one most suspenseful and exciting I've read in a while. I really enjoyed it, and even though it didn't end like I thought it would, the ending was amazing.

Characters: There was an incredible amount of character development in this story. Even though I thought that the characters had been through nearly all that they could handle, each one found their own way to persevere and to never give up, even when it seemed like there was no reason to hold on.

Emotion: Reflective of the characters' struggles, the main feelings of this book were suspense and perseverance. Even though their issues were very hard, and I didn't want it to all be over at the end, I didn't feel that this book was one that would make anybody particularly emotional (but it might possibly keep them up way to late reading).

My Thoughts: I loved this book, and I can easily say that it was the best one in the series. Even though nobody had a perfect ending, I was very pleased with the way it ended. I doubt that this book is one that I'll read again in the future, but I would definitely recommend it to someone who enjoys suspense and/or dystopian novels.

 My age recommendation would be 12+, because there was about three uses of d---, and the description of the symptoms of the Plague could be disturbing to a younger audience.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment